CAVU Capital is a rapidly growing boutique investment bank that exclusively focuses on servicing emerging and mid-market technology companies. The principals at the firm have both financial and operational backgrounds with career long track records of success. The combination of the technology focus and the experience as operators is a true differentiator vs. more traditional lower mid-market investment banks.
Unique internship opportunity for a highly motivated undergraduate business student who is seeking a career in investment banking, private equity or venture capital. This intern would work with our team members in researching the SPAC market, deal sourcing for targets as well as any projects related to the investment banking efforts at CAVU Capital. Candidates must display strong initiative, have a tremendous work ethic and a high level of maturity. Superior analytical, written and oral communication skills are also required.
- Conduct comprehensive research on the SPAC market, particularly as it relates to the technology sector, including funds raised in recent years, sponsors, transaction dynamics, valuations, deals completed, etc.
- Technology SPAC’s filed
- Technology SPAC’s that are still looking for targets
- Technology SPAC’s that have announced and / or closed business combinations
- Help conduct initial review of SPAC’s and arrange calls with management to further understand preferred profile of targets for each SPAC and documenting in our internal database
- Maintain internal database of both SPAC’s and potential SPAC targets
- Create and assist CAVU in publishing content on SPAC trends, data and transactions
- Support the firm’s team members in ad hoc work related to new business development and transaction execution
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program from a top university or college, with an outstanding academic record
- Highly analytical, with some proficiency in Excel and strong MS Office skills, including Word and PowerPoint
- Some competencies in financial statement analysis, accounting and finance
- Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability and interest in working with a small group of investment banking professionals in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent attention to detail and quality of work product
Please include a cover letter with your current resume.